Tuesday, January 1, 2008

To The Infinite

Words as deeper as the sea,
as broader as the sky
as darker as the night
as fast spreading as wildfire
as cold as death
words deeply soaked in water
Words blowing as wild storms ,
opening the beautiful boxes
of curiosities to the child
Bringing the lost fragrances
of memories to the old
Appearing like a torn, faded flag
before an idealist.
Words like the buds
that hasten to bloom,
to the lover.
And to the poet
Words are nothing
but unfulfilled hopes,
leading to eternal inquietude,
and perhaps to eternal
intoxications.
The procession of words
through the roads of life
Neither ends nor stops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems to be something special.I liked most comparisions very much. I don't know sometimes why we are away from poetry? Afterall a poem soothes your mind, helps you to think in a different way,I think so.Wish you all good luck.
Neena